Encrypt Password - Decrypt same

Steve Bonham sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu
Mon Nov 29 16:16:25 EST 2004

Mark/Dar,

The standalone is a game shell designed for use by teachers. They
will create the subject content to be imported into the Questions and
Answer fields.

You can see it at:
	http://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/cet/SB/tw_jeop/

This web page contains some screen snapshots, movies of the game
being played, and the executable (still "beta") file. It works. But
right now the teacher can import a new game file (that they create)
and play the game. However once they quit and reopen the game all
their settings are reset to mine when I saved the standalone. The
settings.txt file will allow them to save their own preferences (game
times, categories, Questions and Answers, # daily doubles, row
values, password, etc.). Providing for encryption of this info
(especially the password) will allow the teacher to control the
default settings.

There are three cards;
1. a splash screen with an animation & some music
2. the "Game Room" where the game is played
3. the "Control Room" (access to which is password protected- every
attempt to open that card generates a "Please enter your password"
dialog box) where the game (via the "settings.txt" file) can be
modified.

The text file would contain the encrypted password- but unless the
un-encrypted password is provided as well the new user (distanced
learning students in this instance) could not get into the "Control
Room" to change the game. BUT when the student opens the game it will
automatically be configured as the teacher wants it to be.

Steve