Most Efficient Timer?

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Mon Nov 29 13:33:00 EST 2004

This helps to avoid another problem as well.  If a one-second timer is
started at, say, 1:31:32, then the minute will be about half-over by
the time the display is updated, so that the time display is only
accurate about half of the time.

Of course, the timer may drift somewhat if there is a delay in
message-processing, depending on how it has been configured...