Standalone Question

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 16:28:40 EST 2004

sez sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu:
>I'd like others to be able to  import a text document to a field and
>then quit -- and the content to STILL BE THERE when it is reopened.
>
>But it is not happening.
>
>The standalone always opens as it appear when I exported it from Revolution.
>
>What am I doing wrong?
   You're expecting an executable file to be able to modify itself. MacOS has
historically allowed this to occur; no other OS does. In the interests of
cross-platform compatibility, therefore, Rev enforces this restriction even under
MacOS. What you should do is save that content as a separate file unto
itself, and have your standalone look for that file (and do what it has to do to the
data therein) when it starts up.
   Hope this helps...