How to disable a menu line in an option btn on WinXP ?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 01:45:47 EST 2004

--- jbv <jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mac I put a "(" before the line and it gets
> disabled everytime the menu is pulled down...
> But on Win the "(" appears at the beginning
> of the line...
>
> And while I'm at it, how to insert line separators
> in a menu on XP ?
> On Mac a single "-" at the beginning of a line
> makes a nice (and non selectable) separator...
> But on Win, it just doesn' work...
>
> Thanks all,
> JB

Hi JB,

The Windows HIG dicates that option menus do not have
disabled items or separator lines. One workaround is
to use the 'popup' command to display another menu
button at the bottomLeft of your option menu.

I believe you need to do this on mouseDown -- if my
memory serves me well this is how Frédéric Rinaldi
solved this problem for the product he showed during
his presentation at the ERC.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====