Multi-line Button Names

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 04:48:28 EST 2004

On 19 Nov 2004, at 08:22, Klaus Major wrote:

> Konichi-wa Cragg-san :-)

Major-san, o-genki desu ka? :)

>> Use "\n" to separate lines. Like this:
>>
>>    set the label of btn "upload " to ("Upload\nto\nSiddhi")
>
> This does work in the label field in the inspector, but when used in a
> script
> you'll end up with "Upload\nto\nSiddhi" in the label...

You're right.

But if you do this,

    set the label of btn "upload " to format("Upload\nto\nSiddhi")

it works.

Which suggests that the Inspector uses "format" when setting labels. (I
seem to remember being told this by Scott Raney about the MC IDE too.)

> Best from germanski

We know you're the best from germanski. :)

Cheers
Dave
(now back in Jock-land where it's very sunny and we have a scorching
temperature of 0 Celsius)