RegEx Help--Across Lines

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 21 15:19:17 EST 2004

Hi,

MG> There is a wonderful book called Mastering Regular Expressions by
MG> Jeffery E. F. Friedl that covers Regex in detail with an emphasis on
MG> the Perl standard.  I found it very helpful with the Regex
MG> implementation that we use in Transcript.

Excellent ! thank you :-)

I've the book, but for whatever reasons ( english is not my mother tongue,
the Doc in Revolution has some lacks to find the good information,... )
i've never think that we could do so much with RegEx in Rev...

MG> Still, there are some quirks to get used to.  For example, Regex terms
MG> in Rev are strings, which differs from other implementations.  Also,
MG> figuring what parts of the Regex will assign substrings to variables
MG> was, at least for me, an exercise in trial and error.

So, i'm going to dig into this and hope i will kill few dozens of script's
lines in my project.

MG> Between the book and experimenting the Message Box I've been able to do
MG> just about everything I attempted with Regex in Rev.

as much as in Perl ?

MG> Mark Greenberg

Best regards, thierry