Irregular shaped buttons redux

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Nov 16 22:49:21 EST 2004

Recently, Judy Perry wrote:

> I think I've come across a situation in which I really will need an
> irregularly-shaped button.  It's for using the intersection function; it's
> okay for one of the objects to be rectangular but not the other as it
> represents 'obstacles' on an orthoscopic map.
>
> Any ideas?

If you need to simulate collision detection with an irregular object/edge,
you could use the within() function to test a point location within a
transparent image.  The within() function will only return true when the
point is within an opaque region of the image.

Would that work?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director