Multicolumn Printing (Text Flow)

depstein at att.net depstein at att.net
Tue Nov 16 10:16:55 EST 2004

Here's another approach to the text overflow calculation:

function extraText f -- removes from fld f, and returns, the htmlText that overflows size of fld f
  repeat with c = 1 to length(fld f)
    if the formattedHeight of char 1 to c of fld f > the height of fld f then
      put the htmlText of char c to -1 of fld f into myHtml
      delete char c to -1 of fld f
      return myHtml
    end if
  end repeat