Collisions between circles, velocity, mass questions --Answered my own question

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Tue Nov 16 09:31:33 EST 2004

Blender's "odd" interface is intentional.  Someone who spends enough
time learning it can supposedly work far more quickly with Blender than
with any of the mainstream 3D packages on the market.  The "Golden Rule
of Blender" is to keep one hand on the keyboard, one hand on the
mouse...

That being said, Blender is open source.  Its interface is all done
through OpenGL, and it supports scripting via Python.  Maybe something
in there could help if you are really interested in this...

On Nov 16, 2004, at 5:49 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> David Janik-Jones wrote:
>> I've actually given up on Revolution for this task as I was able to
>> recreate the whole thing I'd done, add in a 3D component, and get all
>> of the velocity/mass/collision stuff done in less than two hours
>> using Blender.
>
> Of course.  Blender is a good 3D tool, so if you need a 3D tool it's a
> far better bet than a more general GUI app toolkit like Rev, which does
> not claim to be a 3D tool.
>
> Right tool for the right job.  You can do vector graphics in Photoshop
> and raster graphics in Illustrator, but there's a reason there are
> different tools for each.  ;)
>
> Glad you've found a good tool for that specific task.
>
> Given what you describe as Blendeer's "odd interface", I wonder if
> there
>  could be a way to make the Blender engine accessible within Rev....
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Ambassador at FourthWorld.com       http://www.FourthWorld.com