RevGoURL and local files...

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 16:32:24 EST 2004

--- John Patten <johnpatten at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I was looking over the archive for a solution to
> opening a local html file from with in a project. I
> have a project that creates a html page with images
> and text. I would like Rev to launch the file after
> it is created in a browser so that the user could
> print out the info if they like.
>
> Is there a solution to opening local htm pages using
> the RevGoURL command. Currently, each time I attempt
> to open a htm page, TextEdit launches and attempts
> to open it up.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> John Patten

Hi John,

In order to have the file opened with Safari, you'll
have to set the correct file Type and Creator
information :
  set the fileType to "<creator><type>"
To find out how to get this file type information, you
lay find this post by Sarah Reichelt helpful :
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-May/015860.html>

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Join us at the European Revolution Conference
November 14-16, MALTA. ~ http://TechieTours.com/Rev/

=====