Application Icons in Mac classic

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu May 27 20:13:15 EDT 2004

>I've never been able to get it to work either, I always just resort to
>ResEdit. I wonder if it has something to do with the standalone settings
>-- I never allow the SB to scan the stack. I wonder if that matters.

Hmm... yes it dows look like there are issues with this although it hasn't
been entered in bugzilla to my knowledge????

>Also, even though I point the SB to a plist file for the OS X
>distribution, it is never included either. Again, I wonder if that has
>to do with not allowing it to scan.

This hasn't been entered in bugzilla either.

>I have had to rebuild a very large stack several times and if I allow SB
>to scan the stack it takes over 30 minutes to generate standalones;
>that's why I don't want it to scan.

When was the last time you tried? If it was during the beta of 2.2 then it's
possible it's much faster now as I found a number of speed issues and
resolved them.

Having said that the search option is designed more for quick builds or
throw away prototypes. There is definitely a time factor in doing it but in
may apps that's likely to be less cost than the time it takes to open the
standalone settings window and choose your options.

Cheers

Monte