Launching files in other applications

cteno4 cteno4 at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 18:40:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a client who wants a to create a little application in rev that
would launch other files on a cd in their various applications (ie quark,
acrobat, word, etc). I have only done this a few times on the mac in the
past and its been very very limited. I have seen lots of folks posting
questions and problems with this in the past on the rev and metacard
lists.

My question is how well is the latest version of Revolution handling file
launching like this? Has anyone had any big problems lately with it? My
main concern is the permutation testing with all these applications on
different versions of Mac and Windoz OSs if this hasn't become a really
standard feature.

Thanks

jeff

Jeffrey H. Reynolds