Application Icons in Mac classic

Romain Lafourcade lafourcade.romain at numericable.fr
Thu May 27 15:18:02 EDT 2004

I'm sorry, I forgot to switch to this account before sending my latest
email. I wonder how it finally reached the list...

About the ResEdit hack, the ressources needed for the application and
its associated documents to be displayed the right are these:

- BNDL, it contains a reference to all the icons used by the app
- icl4, icl8, ICN#, ics#, ics4, ics8, they contain the actual "images"
and 1bit masks of the 8bit icons
- icns, it contains the 8bit mask that makes icons look good.

Editing the BNDL res is mandatory if you want your app to behave
properly...

Romain