About Valentina XCMD...

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 22:25:42 EDT 2004

On Thursday, May 20, 2004, at 07:08  PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> Mark, are you setting "the externals" of your stack to point to the
> VXCMD_Macho_MC bundle? It sounds like Valentina's not "hooked up".
>
> Ken Ray

I went back to the same configuration as the Rev 2.2 download. All I
did was to exchange the existing VXCMD_Macho_MC for a newer one. The
idea is to leave all the different ones where they are because they
might be needed for different builds. Any way I got the example
working. I'm getting an error caused by this being used before
initialization occurs.

Anyway I have it working on Mac 10.2.4; Rev 2.2

[Cross-post]
> Note, error 306
>     kFBL_CacheIsNotPresent  = 306,
>
> This means that you do some Valentina operation BEFORE ValentinaInit()
> call.
> ValentinaInit() must be the first. It allocate cache for engine.
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin

[more cross-post]
On 5/20/04 7:26 PM, "Mark Brownell" <gizmotron at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Does Rev 2.2 include some version of VXCMD on default ?
>
> yes.
>
>> Which one ?
>
> This: Valentina_Classic, version 1.9.8b4 on the same level as the
> Revolution app.
>
>> Why you say that Rev 2.2 have old classic version of VXCMD?
>
> it just does. Deep within the components folder is the global
> environment folder that has the database_drivers folder etc..,
>
> The Rev 2.2 download folder has a Valentina.txt doc that sais this:

> MacOS    Valentina_Classic

> MacOSX    components/global
> environment/database_drivers/MacOSX/VXCMD_macho

I think this is because they can build for different platforms.
Although strange, please ask Rev people.

> Windows    components/global
> environment/database_drivers/Win32/dbvalentina.dll    components/global
> environment/database_drivers/Win32/VXCMD.dll

So they still use 1.9.8b4
This is not good,

As you have see now we use other named for VXCMD libs.

You must not remove their default libs, because then Rev not starts.
just add VXCMD macho.

Well, I know that exists developers that use Valentina with Revolution.
Let's wait for their help.

Check this: is it required REGISTER plugin in stack somehow ?
     I know this is required for Windows.
     it seems for OS X also.

Ruslan Zasukhin
--------