terminate script from keyboard

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu May 20 09:43:59 EDT 2004

On 20.05.2004 15:28:18 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Wow - didn't mean to ruin your day Xavier.

Oh, dont worry, I waited since yesterday to see if it was a timeout
problem...
And, yes, there's not such thing as a timeout in RR ;)

So I had to kill the process - twice... and lost some changes again...
This is
why software evolution is so slow on RR that we have to call it a
revolution!

ROTFL - im kidding of course... RR is nice when it doesn't act up...
But it's a pain to have to save after EVERY script change... Which I
highly
recommend to everyone to prevent fired-up user complains...

>It's true that this is a problem and that, IMHO, RR tips, hints,
>capabilities, and general support sometimes seems a little light for
Windows
>developers, but I suppose turn about is fair play. On the other hand, I
was
>able to find a way out that conventional IDEs would not have allowed, so
>was pretty happy. After reading your email I think maybe I should be
really
>angry too! ;)

Dont, RR is way faster than any other IDE... But it is young,
under-resourced
and as hard as the RR team works, the great users that we are keep burying
them with bugs, wishes, whims and windows idiosynchracies. I presume RR
is entering (already!) the NASA state where they have more safety
engineers
than production ;)

>Thanks Andy,
>
>I think I finally did something like what you describe below. But how do
>see the "script error window" and thus the "Edit Script" button? I opened
>the script by going through the application browser then I set a break
point
>to stop it.

BUG 89353
NEVER close the Script error window without clearing the error first!
On windows at least... If you and you can, try to open it again to clear
the error via the appmanager or calling it from the Msg box...

And im off...

>-Paul

Mode.
>If you open a stack with a bugged script you can just hit the "Edit
Script"