Can you "Put" something into a button's script?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Sun May 16 19:16:35 EDT 2004

Here's another one that's got me stumped even after reading the docs:

Description.

I have two drop-down type buttons; the first allows the user to select one
of the four previously-described mouse messages and the second allows them
to select one of four prescripted commands (play "sound.aif", revGoURL
"http://www.runrev.com" etc. etc.).

In addition, the first button then puts on && one of the four selected
mouse messages in  line 1 of a displayed field; the second button places
the text of the chosen command as well as then closes out by putting "end"
&& the chosen mouse message.

What I want to do is to then have the content of that displayed field sent
to a third button.

Is this possible?

Judy