Building standalones (savingStandalone)

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat May 15 20:21:39 EDT 2004

>Question (1)
>
>Does the stackFiles property of the main stack apply to all it's
>children (substacks).  If I code:
>
>start using "libMine"
>
>will 'RR' look at the stackFiles property of the sub stack as well
>as it's parent main stack for the library?

I believe the engine checks all stackFiles properties of any open stack.

>Question (2)
>
>Is savingStandalone sent to all main stacks?

No... just to the application mainstack.

>For example I set the stackFiles propery to reflect all the
>library stacks required for a particular module.  The library
>stacks are "main stacks" and are included via a modified "start
>using" construct that I created.  However, the construct needs to
>alter it's behavior when in a standalone.

check out the environment function. There's also an easter egg in the
standalone builder so that if you have a components/save/user scripts
directory and put library stacks in there you can choose them in the script
libraries list and they will be put in use with the rest of the rev
libraries.

>Question (3)
>
>When standalone builder has a complete list of all files (.rev)
>required to operate a specific application does it include them in
>the standalone?

Only the application mainstack is embedded in the executable. The rest are
copied next to the executable according to their relative path to the
application mainstack.

>Example:
>I add a stack to the list of require stacks.  When the compliation
>(and I use that term loosely) occurs does the standalone builder
>put all the support stacks in the executable or must I still copy
>them to the application location?

It copies for you.

Cheers

Monte