Runrev bugs out on some HFS metadata (Mac OS)?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sun May 9 04:03:25 EDT 2004

Has anyone seen a situation where "the long files" listing is wildly
inaccurate when reporting the size of the Resource Forks of files?

Looking at 1 particular file from 3 different utilities:

Resedit 2.1.3----
TEXT : R*ch
1868 bytes in resource fork
354 bytes in data fork

OS X Finder----
2,222 bytes (which happens to equal 1868 + 354 reported by ResEdit)

Runrev "the long files"---
empty creator code!
354 bytes data fork
25710144 resource fork!!

I ran Disk Utility and checked the volume, but the problem is still
happening.

Also copied the file over to another HFS+ volume, and still Runrev
reports this  strange size. So there is something about this file
that's confusing Runrev.

Now I went to copy the file to a new folder to put in a Stuffit file
and send to Runrev support, but now the copy of the file shows the
normal sized resource fork.

This is just bizarre

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com