Message box

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Mar 29 20:48:03 EST 2004

On Monday, March 29, 2004, at 06:11 PM, j wrote:

> of course, you can do the same thing with revolution's built-in sum()
> function, making this all pretty academic.

BTW, here is a tip for those who have avoided using sum() and similar
functions.

I read the documentation as this function having only one parameter.
That is, the commas in the example were operator commas and not
parameter separator commas.  I saw the interesting parsing of
parameters of format() as an example of that kind of thing, so I was
not surprised.  My concern was that numberFormat might limit digits in
the arithmetic.  I didn't use it.

However, I now know that I read the doc wrong.  The function sum() and
max() can have multiple parameters and are not forced to have a single
parameter of a comma delimited string.

Dar Scott