(long) Transparent IDE elements and other problems

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Mar 28 23:46:39 EST 2004

Frank (and others)

Many years ago, I developed a program called JIVES for the NBA. It
controlled special effects and displays for Jumbrotrons (big TV's above
the arenas). I used SuperCard to develop it. As you can imagine, they
had to load virtually thousands of images over a season...with each
image represented by a thumbnail. Same problem you have. It's not a
problem I come across often, but when I do, it is serious.

Of course SC couldn't keep up. So, I had a cutom XCMD written for about
$500 which allowed me to blit the image directly to the screen. Easy.
Everything worked fine.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that all programming goes through
some optimization. Heck, even C++ programs have parts written in
Assembly language in order to optimize their speed-- it's just part of
the process.

-Chipp