Remote Find Questions

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Mar 27 13:06:32 EST 2004

>In client/server mode, each hit is returned to the client side and
>requests to resume the search from the record following the hit are
>issued until the specified search range has been completely
>checked...then the list is displayed in the search dialog and
>control is returned to the user.

Seems to me this muddies the waters if using the marked card approach:

hit processing logic would have to unmark itself all marked cards
with a lower ordinal position.

Lower & upper card limits to the find command still seem to me to be
preferable and potentially much faster.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company