copying a graphic doesn't trigger a new graphic message

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Mar 19 19:09:55 EST 2004

On Thursday, March 18, 2004, at 08:20 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> It is too bad about cloning a card not sending new control messages.
>
> I'm not so sure.  New control messages are sent when a control is
> cloned, no?

Well, we already have messages sent when a control is cloned.  If they
are not sent under some conditions the docs should say so.

> Keeping the messages limited to the object class seems merely
> efficient to me: imagine how many thousands of "new" messages would
> get sent if a "new" message was sent for every sub-object and you
> cloned a large stack.

OK, I'll back off.

One of the uses of a newGroup message is to register the group in some
db.  Some alternate method would be needed.  This is not (yet)
important to me.

Another use is to put a badge on card 1 of the stack if there is not
one.  By this I mean a background that has an openStack handler to set
up somethings for all groups of a certain kind.  This does not need to
be done if a card is cloned or a stack is cloned.  So, this is OK.

Dar