Upgrade version and pricing [was] Re: Fix it before moving ahead

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Sun Mar 14 17:32:17 EST 2004

On Mar 14, 2004, at 4:02 PM, Brian Yennie wrote:

> I'm cringing at jumping into this thread, because I DO NOT think
> RunRev has exactly been guilty of poor support or response to bugs.
>
> HOWEVER, I can't quite agree with the Office OR OS comparisons. Both
> are consumer products, not developer products. Frankly, developer
> products need to be more bug-free than consumer ones (in general,
> don't shoot me).

I agree with you about RunRev's support and also cringe about jumping
in but I think the second comment deserves response because I think
this is somewhat behind some of the carping:

You may wish they were more bug free but in fact developer products are
more complicated and function at lower levels than user software and as
a consequence have, in my 30 years of using such software, consistently
been MORE buggy, not less than consumer products.  There is no way for
Revolution to ever even approach being bug free and it is unrealistic
for anyone hear to think there is an obligation by RunRev to make bug
fixes available forever for free just because there are bugs.

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at charter.net

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"