visited icons

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Sun Mar 14 12:47:01 EST 2004

Hi

I am working with icons in OSX.  I have created a series of graphics
that I store in the stack and I use them to represent the enabled
disabled and hilited states of buttons.

In OSX when I set the hilite icon of a button to a specified icon the
button shows the appropriate appearance and everything looks great.

When I change the appearance to windows the icon changes appropriately
but then a black rectangle appears bounding the button. This rectangle
remains even if the hilite icon is removed from the button ( ie the
button's icon is changed to its enabled appearance ). The rectangle can
be removed by clicking on another disabled button.

Is there a way I can prevent this from happening in windows or is this
the way  things are supposed to operate?  It really interferes with the
effect I am trying to get.

If this is a feature of Windows is there a way to get rid of the
rectangle when I change the icon from hilited back to enabled? The
rectangle is really not a problem unless it remains after I change the
buttons icon back to its enabled appearance.

Thanks

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
http://www.messimercomputing.com
--
Build Computer-Based Training modules FAST with preceptorTools™ --
version 1.0.5 available as freeware Now!