Fix it before moving ahead - apology and food for thought

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Mar 13 19:02:56 EST 2004

> On Behalf Of Geoff Canyon

> On Mar 12, 2004, at 3:35 AM, Klaus Major wrote:
>
> > "Bugzilla" is still not 100% compatible with "Safari" (or vice versa?)!
> >
> > If there was not the fantastic "RevZilla" by Ken Ray (Hooray for Mr.
> > Ray!!! :-)
> > OS X users like me (who don't want to install another browser, why
> > should we?)
> > would not be able to report bugs at all...
>
> On Mar 12, 2004, at 3:52 AM, xbury.cs at clearstream.com wrote:
>
> > And bugzilla better go out the window... They have the power to do a
> > revzilla
> > and they force us to do html... go figure...
>
> Just a quick note: bugzilla is a well-known, free, ready-to-go bug
> tracking program. It would have taken a great deal of time and effort
> to build our own.

First I'll take the opportunity to apologize to the RR team and Kevin
for my accidentally spilled bean jar destined and in reply to Klaus'
frustrations. It is simply because the frustration of the moment blinded
me from the cc field... An oddity among mail lists which in the odd GUI
of Lotus Notes was missed...

As you saw, I basically took my foot, opened my mouth and shoved it right
in!
Kevin knows what I mean, please understand I am not just a bit frustrated
and
surprised at this outcome which I would qualify more as a propitious
coincidence than a crosswire thing. It was an accident.

Zen style please. Please excuse or skip the rest but I need to word it out.

What should I say? I doubt I am the only one with the same problem so I feel
responsible now for exposing this problem I see and which others have
expressed
concern for.

Since I have been affected by your spam detector before and I am sure you
read the list, I know the message will get through. Consequences matter
little now do they?

It is the frustration that I never hear from or get 'activity' feedback
from bugzilla issues that are sincerely blocking me for the past 10 days or
others for more than 6 months and again this week due to bug 34! Bugzilla
seems a good tool but it doesn't seem well used IMOHO which I point out due
to its looks and feel. Not to mention the incompatibilities others suffer
and which could easily be resolved in a single stack like revzilla.
Hooray for Mr. Ray!!! 8))

As a private customer, an enterprise customer, a free-ware donator,
list help, I expect a bit more attention. I don't doubt RR's technical
ability for one moment but your support and communication seems seriously in
trouble. It's my honest professional and positive critique - not a rant.

You can either kill the messenger, censure me out - no offence taken.
Or take my word and turn this disadvantage into a business competitive edge.

As an Xtreme Xample, in the last 3 days:

GPTuning.lu answered in 24 hours for a call to raise the Z3's suspension
to fit in BMW's 1 day response for an urgent order of snow spikes which I
will
use thanks to CWL who relentlessly found with forced scheduled changes out
of my
manager's control a last minute full 2 week holiday in a Swiss resort in
rush
season where all hotels were booked! That's service and quality
communication
at work I will recommend to anyone! And these guys were already fully
booked!

I worked with MC or FLStudio for the same reasons.

There is a correlation between customer satisfaction, product quality
and after sales service... Please Xploit it for everyone's continued RR
devotion and pleasure!

Xavier
Script'n'surfing sessions anyone?
Im RR- and net-less until April...
but
Riding a 2003 holographic warp-engined custom 158
http://www.burton.com/Burton/gear/products.asp?productID=15
And wished I had waited to get the CustomX...
http://www.burton.com/Burton/gear/products.asp?productID=14