Upgrade version and pricing [was] Re: Fix it before moving ahead

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 13 11:57:50 EST 2004

 >>>On Mar 13, 2004, at 11:25 AM, A.C.T. wrote:

So I am very sure that Runrev will behave like most software companies
(the so called evil ones included) and hand out bugfixes free of
charge. No computer software is "free of bugs" and as a customer AND
developer I am absolutely sure that Runrev will not be any different to
most serious companies: Updates are free for registered users, upgrades
aren't.

Marc,

Ah, but what happens when those bug fixes come bundled with major
feature enhancements?  Is that an update or an upgrade?  Sounds like an
upgrade to me.

I like your idea about having a choice in which upgrade you want to
take.  I hope you'll post on this list what happens when you try to use
your free upgrade to go from 2.x to 3.x, because I suspect this is an
eventuality that RunRev had not anticipated and had not intended.
Clever reading on your part!

Marian