Saving snapshots to files

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Mar 12 12:38:09 EST 2004

Hallo Wilhelm and all,

> Ken mentioned in the meantime that there is no entry "export snapshot"
> in the documentation; there is none in Metacard, but in the Transcript
> Dictionary  of Rev.

Yes, it reads:

export snapshot [from rect[angle] rectangle [of window windowID]] \
    to {file filePath |container} [as format] [with mask maskFile]

Has anybody succesfully used this command?

I tried EVERYTHING, like storing the windowId into a variable first
etc...

on mouseup
    put the windowID of this stack into herbert
    ANSWER HERBERT
    ### just to check it is NOT empty -> 77188564
   export snapshot ... of window herbert...
  ## the missing syntax IS correct, of course ;-)

but all i get is "Can't find stack!"

Any hints?

> Regards,
>
> Wilhelm Sanke