AVI/WMV Playback Control?

Claude Lemmel claude.lemmel at opus-species.com
Tue Mar 9 08:53:04 EST 2004

> The problem we have is corporate clients who don't want to install
> ANYTHING on their workstations in order to run training packages with
> multimedia content!  Thus they say "it's OK as long as it uses the
> standard media facilities in Windows"!!  Given the variations in
> Windows "standards" for media, this is nothing short of a joke, but
> it's what they say!

On a windows computer, you are sure that Internet Explorer AND the Flash
plugin are installed, they are "standard media facilities in windows".
I dont remember exactly, but i believe that Internet Explorer is delivered
with Flash plugin 4. You have to check that by your customers.

If you use altBrowser.dll from altuit, you can display a flash movie
within a html page directly in Revolution. For me it works perfectly.

I use altBrowser to replace the player object and sometime even the field
object (when i need a better typographical layout than with a field but i
dont need interactivity with the content of the field).

You have nothing to install, just reference the dll in your stack and
deliver the dll in the same folder as your stack.

Of course the interactivity must be programmed in the flash movie because
there is no communication between the flash movie and your stack.

Claude