Stacks seem to auto-save... sometimes!

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Mon Mar 8 19:38:31 EST 2004

Hi. I have 3 questions, which I'll put into 3 separate messages. Here's
the first:

I recently upgraded from v2.1 to v2.1.2 and discovered, to my great
relief, that the Rev debugger now clears breakpoints when it's supposed to
and the Variable Watcher displays properly (variable names and values now
line up).

However, I've noticed a strange, new behaviour. In 2.1, if I opened a
stack and did absolutely NO editing and then closed it, I got a dialog box
asking if I wanted to save changes. A bit annoying but I kind of got used
to it. (If in doubt, I'd click OK.)

Now, however, I'll sometimes open a stack, make some changes, close the
stack without saving (because, e.g., I only changed the text in a 'Search'
field), and the stack closes without complaint. Curious, I open the stack
up again, and the changes are still there. Other times, I'll do the same
thing (it seems) and I get the old "Do you want to save changes...?"
dialog.

What gives? Is Rev REALLY auto-saving (like HyperCard)? And, if so, why
does it only do it sometimes?

(Mac OS X 10.2.8, IDE, PowerBook G4 Titanium)

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / Website
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia