Interesting Utility for PDF Generation

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Mar 6 10:55:07 EST 2004

On Mar 5, 2004, at 7:35 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> I checked out the link. Very sparse site. I couldn't quite figure out
> what
> his licensing model is. Is is like altBrowser.DLL, purchase it once
> and you
> can use it in as many custom developed commercial applications as you
> want?
>
> If not, then I imagine he'll have a tough time as a developer tool. If
> so,
> then it sounds like he's found a great niche for us custom developers!
> In
> fact, I could sure use a utility like this one for one of my projects
> now.

It seems like making a pure transcript version of a PDF generator would
be possible.  I have used FPDF <http://www.fpdf.org/> in PHP projects
before and this is a purely PHP solution.  I imagine that library could
be ported directly to transcript.  Granted it might not be as fast as
an external but it would be something that everyone in the community
could contribute to and it could be available for everyone to use
regardless of a projects budget.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia