Problem with Windows but not with Mac (I know, it's usual!!)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Mar 5 05:44:30 EST 2004

Bonjour mes amis,

> Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
>
>> Did you try to NOT use accented chars for your names?
>> -> "Travail ecrit"
>
> I think Klaus is right -- don't use accented chars for control names!
> It may be OK within a single platform -- but causes problems if
> "translated" to other platforms... (as é > È ;-)))

Actually that was a quick guess, but that could be the problem.

"Normally" when you create a stack on a mac and then open it on win,
the engine does the charset conversion automatically for you...

The engine does that for any object, field, script etc...  EXCEPT the
content
of customproperties!!! Because they could contain binary data!!!

But maybe because you create the win standalone on a mac, this
conversion does NOT occur and therefore the aproblems with accented
chars may arise...

Another solution, if applicable, is to create the standalone on a
win-pc...

> --
> Vous parlez français ?

Non, pas du tout :-)