Windows standalones

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Mar 4 22:26:53 EST 2004

On 5 Mar 2004, at 5:47 am, Andrew wrote:

> So, I've changed by "³"(greater than or equals) signs to >=.  is this
> good enough for that picky Windows?
> There is no problem with using "=" signs, is there?
No :-) equals seems to be OK, just replace not-equals with <>.

> I tried what you suggested, and made a standalone with just a button
> leading to an "ask" box, and then it worked just fine on Windows.  So,
> it seems like my problem lies somewhere in my main handler which is
> causing that handler not to run at all.
At this stage I usually start commenting out sections of the script to
see if I can work out what line is causing the problem. If you can,
split it into multiple handlers and have a test button that calls each
sub-handler in turn. If the script can compile, that should help find
the problem, if it can't compile, you'll have to stick to the
commenting method.

Cheers,
Sarah