More dialer stuff

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Mar 3 21:55:58 EST 2004

Howdy,

> Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:11:23 -0700
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
> Subject: Re: More dialer stuff

> Don't forget to hang up as well as close.
---------
I didn't see a smiley. What do you mean? Closing the port simply kills modem
access, i.e. it's not online anymore, correct? The operator will hang up
when done talking.

But, there is some error checking that should happen. Busy signal detection,
perhaps waiting for solid dial tone, auto-closing the port if the user
aborts the call and hangs up before a connection is made, stuff like that.

I would also like to put something in the originating dial string that, when
Rev encounters it, causes it to insert another string, a separate long
distance service to be pre-dialed, then detect a connection, then proceed to
dial the desired number.

I need to study the S-registers awhile, methinks.

Ken N.