OS X Standalone Prog Folder Problem? AGAIN

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Mar 2 11:18:35 EST 2004

The problem is that OS X applications are not files, but "packages"
that are stored in special folders. You can solve your problem in one
of two ways:

1. Don't set the defaultFolder at all. When your application is
compiled the default folder will be the folder that holds your compiled
application.

2. Use the method you've described below to set the defaultFolder.
After you compile your standalone, navigate to the application file and
control-click on it, then choose "Show Package Contents". A window will
open up showing all the subfolders that comprise your application.
Navigate to Contents/MacOS/ . If you put your files and folders in the
Contents/MacOS/ folder AND you have defined the defaultFolder as the
folder that contains your stack, then your application will find them
there. (Even though it's confusing at first, it's actually kind of
handy to be able to make external files and folders part of the OS X
application package.)

NOTE TO RUNREV TEAM: If you decide to "fix" this feature in a later
release, please tell us.

Devin

On Mar 1, 2004, at 5:56 PM, François Cuneo wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem!
> My application configuration is
>
> Cuk Calcul Oral.rev
>    DataFolder
>         Data.edb
>         LanguageFolder
>             French.rev
>          FilmsFolder
>             FrenchFolder
>                 bravo.mov
>                 faux.mov
>
> In developpement on MacOSX, all is perfect!
> But in standalone, the folders are not founded (no stop in the code but
> nothing appends)
>
> I touch the folders with code like that:
>

> put the effective filename of this stack into chemin --je cherche ou
> est
> cette pile sur le disque
> set the itemdelimiter to "/"
> put item 1 to -2 of chemin into chemin
> put chemin &"/Data/Data.edb" into chemindata
>
> And I'm sorry, but I do not understand the difference with the Peter's
> code!
> I obtain exactly the same with mine.
>
> And it not works!!
>
> So what please?