More scrolling images

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Mar 1 02:02:48 EST 2004

On Sunday, February 29, 2004, at 09:52 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't understand. Group the image?

Group the group you already have.  If you need a rectangle, I'm
suggesting that you use the rectangle of the group you already have for
the card.  Just make it smaller and put a border on it.  You need a
lockloc to keep the size you want as with the one for the card version.

> The grc?

Graphic?  (I'm still not up on all the slang.)  Naw.  I'm assuming the
group will do.

> Putting a group
> around something is nonsequiter to me...how does one do that?

Just a smaller group will work, but if it gets annoying to not being
able to move it about, you need a control that is fixed in size, but
you can move about.  Do it this way:  Make it the size you want at any
location.  Then make a group with that group as the only component.
You can't do that with the IDE (it has been bugzilla'd).  Do it from
the command line.  Or you can group some dummy button with it and then
remove the button.  With the outer group you do not lockloc, but set
the margins to zero.  The outer group will wrap about the inner group.
I'm just going by memory so I might be missing a step.

This is a cool way to have a "group" that has a locked size but not a
locked location.

> I understand the meaning of margins in a field, but not in a graphic,
> so I
> need a little explanation for that too.

Sorry.  I had forgotten to say that in assuming a rectangle shape that
a group could be used instead on an actual rectangle.

Dar Scott.