How to use database-linked controls

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon Jun 28 12:51:43 EDT 2004

I am using MySQL. But if we cannot pass a user defined variable to the
database query builder then it makes the database-linked controls kind of
weak. I hope that you complete that user interface soon.

Perhaps I can use the database-liked controls in combination by viewing
subsets of records with only one or two of the fields and then going to that
record for the whole card and its set of fields -- which means I still have
to get the update function working.

The other problem is that moving through records only works for one table
and that fields which are populated by records linked by primary keys to
other tables have to be updated by a separate call (calls). I guess I'm not
having very much luck with writing queries in the builder that use left
joins -- are there some example MySQL access stacks using query builder that
I can look at?

I would be happy to send you my example stack and a nice database it
accesses if you need something more to test.