Moron Metal

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Jun 28 02:33:28 EDT 2004

At 11:40 AM -0400 6/27/2004, Troy Rollins wrote:
>Another thing about metal stacks, in the IDE, if a stack is metal,
>it displays as metal in all "preview environments"... Windows,
>Linux... which do not even support metal windows.

Changing the lookAndFeel doesn't change the decorations of the window
or the window appearance (title bar style, etc.) - just the
appearance of controls within the window. So this doesn't mean other
OSs will display metal.

(Although I agree that setting the lookAndFeel to anything but
"Appearance Manager" should temporarily turn off metal. It *is*
confusing, since metal affects the window's content region, not just
its title bar etc.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com