launch

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jun 27 19:37:15 EDT 2004

>> Tuviah reports that this problem has been fixed for OS X, but before
>> that, I used this workaround before trying the "launch" command:
>>
>>   if the openProcesses contains appPath then
>>     kill process appPath
>>   end if
>>
>> where "appPath" is a variable containing the complete path to the
>> application you wish to launch. Maybe this would work in Windows as
>> well? In OS X, once Rev had launched an app, it wouldn't re-launch it
>> even if the application had been quit, however this seems to be a
>> workable solution and on OS X it does not actually close the
>> application before re-launching.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sarah
>

> What about any unsaved work in the open application?

I don't understand the "kill" command because it just seems to delete
the process name from Rev's internal list of open processes - it
doesn't actually close the running app at all! Since this seems very
counter-intuitive it might not be a great idea to reply on it, but at
the moment, this solution works fine. It doesn't close the running app,
so no unsaved changes are lost but it allows Rev to bring it to the
front again when the launch command is used, without producing an
error.

BTW: replacing the "kill" with "close" works as well. This might be a
better solution.

Cheers,
Sarah