Can Rev Telnet?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jun 28 00:42:22 EDT 2004

On Jun 27, 2004, at 9:47 PM, Gardner, Joseph A wrote:

> I'd like to make a simple telnet application that can emulate the
> functions in the Windows DOS command interface,

You can make a simple telnet server using the sockets capability.  See
commands 'accept', 'close socket', 'read from socket', 'read to socket'
and so on.

(Strictly, telnet involves some capability to set up character sets and
other things, but you can reasonably assume ASCII.)

For executing the commands, look at the shell() function.

You can also make your telnet client with Revolution.

Dar Scott