16 bit numbers?

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Sun Jun 27 15:05:41 EDT 2004

sez scott at tactilemedia.com:
>Recently, "Cubist at aol.com" wrote:
>
>> Here are two functions which do
>> just that, converting from [base 10] to [any base from 2 to 36], and vice
>> versa.
>
>Looks like these have some useful character checking included but I believe
>you can also do the same with the built-in baseConvert function?
>
> answer baseConvert("123456",10,16)
   You know, I never even considered that Rev might have this feature built
in...

>Do your functions work differently?
   This is a better question than you realize. My functions are, in fact,
straight HyperTalk from an HC stack of mine, so it would be very interesting
indeed to know if my functions *do* work differently from Rev's baseConvert
function...