Whadaya need? A magnet?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 26 13:54:55 EDT 2004

On 6/26/04 1:31 AM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Sorreee
>
> I forgot to change the subject line :-/
>

> On Jun 25, 2004, at 9:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:49:24 -0400
>> From: Troy Rollins <troy at rpsystems.net>
>> Subject: Whadaya need? A magnet?
>>
>> How exactly do you get "metal" to stick?
>>
>> I have a stack defined as having a metal background, when it opens in
>> the IDE it doesn't honor it until I set the metal to false, then back
>> to true. So, I did it in script in the first openCard event. It doesn't
>> work. Same results in my standalone. The border is metalized, but not
>> the background.
>>
>> How do you get a stack to use the metal appearance (OSX only), and
>> actually use it?

> Believe it or not, that's actually how it works.

Well, no. I just tested it and had no problem, with one small exception.
Re-opening the stack does seem to have a redraw problem where the center
of the stack is initially white. If I resize the window to force a
redraw, it fills in again. That only happened on the first re-open; the
second time I closed and opened the stack it drew correctly.

I created a standalone from the stack which displays correctly. You
should not need to insert a graphic.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com