Clues to Need to Reinstall on OX X?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jun 25 14:56:14 EDT 2004

On Jun 25, 2004, at 2:09 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Needless to say, this has me pausing and wondering about the overall
> stability of the environment under moderate stress. I know I've read
> other messages here from time to time on the subject. What is your
> recent experience? Is this an anomaly I should try to track down to a
> specific combo of plugins and/or menu stuff? Or is this something I
> just have to learn to live with?

I'll chime in...

While I wouldn't say that the environment is as stable as... well
anything really, I would say that I've been pleasantly surprised with
2.2, and 2.2.1 under OSX. I have a complex app, which puts heavy stress
on the IDE (I think), and haven't had to do any reinstalls, and have
only had the occasional crasher. In most cases, the crash has been due
to a plug in, and initially, to something I was doing, I guess.
Whatever I was doing, I must have stopped, as in general the IDE has
stabilized, and I now routinely work in my app for a day or two without
even closing Rev.

Now, in this app, I elected to do NO "menu stuff." None. Why? Every
time I tried messing with menus, Rev would crash.  ;-)  ALL of my menus
are contained within the app, in the form of option buttons, etc. It
isn't ideal, but this particular app can stand that without seeming out
of the ordinary.

So, that leaves me with menus as a suspect to increased frequency of
crashers.

OS 10.3.4

--
Troy