Launch command

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Jun 23 18:35:17 EDT 2004

>> The launch command has some peculiarities, but if you have a look at
>> my web page <http://www.troz.net/Rev/>, you can download my
>> "Launch.rev" stack which uses a combination of AppleScript &
>> Transcript to get the correct file paths and launch. It also handles
>> the problem of launcing an already open application or even an
>> application that was previously launched by Rev but is now closed.
>> It doesn't currently handle opening a document, but you should be
>> able to extend the techniques once you see what works for
>> applications.
>> Cheers,
>> Sarah
>
> Strange behavior :
>
> I only launch the application with your stack
> The app doesn't launch and the result is "No such a program" !
>
> What happens ?

OK, I've found the problem. In the Find & Launch button script, remove
the line that says:
   delete last char of appPath
With OS X bundles, this character is a "/" and leaving or removing it
doesn't seem to make any difference. If the program is not a bundle,
this script removed the last character of the file name, so there was
no matching program.
Sorry about that, please try again and let me know if it doesn't work
this time.

Cheers,
Sarah