iGame3D status 062204

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Tue Jun 22 11:49:53 EDT 2004

On Jun 22, 2004, at 4:26 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> From: william griffin <bill at igame3d.com>
> Subject: Re: iGame3D status 062204
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Cc: capellan2000 at yahoo.com

> Pop-up buttons stopped working.
> They sometimes crashed the application on mousedown.
> Replacing pop-ups with tabbed groups makes an unsightly cluttered
> interface.
> Too many buttons was complaint number one of the metacard version.
>
> To circumvent that problem, pop ups were removed from stacks, UI
> re-designed,  and extensive menus with submenus were painstakingly
> developed but these Menu bar menu items vanish.
>
>   I get menus with random amounts of content, or menus with nothing at
> all in them, even though they show up 100% in menuBuilder.
> This breaks opening levels, importing/exporting models, accesing two
> dozen or more mesh editing commands, and destroys all functionality of
> the iGame3D console.

> Sincerely,
> Bill Griffin
> Team iGame3D
> bill at igame3d.com

Bill,

 From what I can tell from this thread, I believe this is a problem with
the Menu Manager, not RunRev.

A long time ago I wrote the Menu Manager for the Mac II (circa 1986),
and as I recall (it's been awhile...) you cannot use a menu that
appears in the menubar as a popup menu too.  And if you do, you will
crash the Menu Manager.  (the problem is two competing data structures
-- it's possible to do what you want using the toolbox directly, but
there's no way to do what you want from RunRev)

If you want the same menu items to appear in a menubar menu and in a
popup menu, you will need to create a separate popup menu and populate
it with the same menu items.

Make sense?

Good luck,
-- Frank Leahy