Trying to use the metaphor

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jun 18 13:48:09 EDT 2004

On Jun 18, 2004, at 1:39 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:

>> But, I endeavor to persevere. Is there a better technique than what
>> I've described? Failing that, how does one delete all the marked
>> cards in a stack?
>
> Is this the expected technique?
>
>     repeat with i = 1 to the number of marked cards
>       go invisible to next marked card
>       delete this card
>     end repeat

or this?

     -- deletes cards that are still marked
     if the number of marked cards > 0 then
       go invisible to the first card
       repeat for the number of marked cards
         go invisible to next marked card
         PUT "deleting card" && the name of this card after msg
         delete this card
       end repeat
     end if

But how come "delete marked cards" doesn't work in the first place? Or,
am I just missing something - in addition to holding a conversation
with myself?
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.