[ANN] My latest game

malte.brill at t-online.de malte.brill at t-online.de
Fri Jun 18 11:20:06 EDT 2004

Hi Rick,

>I tried your game, and glanced at your code listing briefly.

>The code starts out OK, then it turns into random characters
>farther down and is totally unreadable at that point.

uhm ... it shouldn´t do... Really no encryption in it... <g>
Could you mail me a copy and pasted part of the script off-list?

 >I didn't hear any sounds while playing the game.
Well. There aren´t any. My customers keept the deadline very tight. So
there was no time to add sounds. (I regret that, but they didn´t want to
wait nor spend extra money for another day of work)

>As a player I was a little annoyed by the delay between hitting
>an arrow key ,and finding myself having to wait before the repeat
>of the arrow key kicked in.

This is a system setting (Keyboard repeat) I have found no way to set
this in Rev yet. :-(

>I felt there were too many object falling which I couldn't get, even
>at the first level.

There are no "levels" as such. It´s a game against time. :-)

>I've never studied German

No need to do so. I promise I´ll translate everything to english when I
find the time.

@Klaus:

>I noticed this, too, that the "response" of the arrowkeys is
>DEFINITEVELY
>faster on win-machines!

You can set it in the system settings (But not from within Rev I guess)
This would really be a plus.
The whole thing didn´t work when I tried with mousemove. Looked a bit
cheesy and behaved wrong.

>This is a newly developed "dynamic enryption" routine of Malte's!
>The more interesting the code gets, the more it gets encrypted
>WHILE you are reading!!!

*lol*

on mouseUp
  kargubargugargeldargel