Scrollbar question

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Fri Jun 18 08:27:29 EDT 2004

On Jun 18, 2004, at 3:05 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:

> The docs say that scrollbarDrag is "Sent to a field, scrollbar or
> group..."  -- have you tried to capture the message in the scrollbar
> itself, before it gets to the field?

This is the problem. Scrollbars are objects and if you make an explicit
one, you can do this. But fields and groups have scrollbars "built-in",
and AFAIK, you can't address them separately. For example, there's no
way to set the style of a scrollbar on a group (anyone know of a way?).

Fortunately, Ken Ray gave me the tip I needed to separate the input
from the horizontal and vertical scrollbars in my group (hscroll and
vscroll).

Regards,

Howard Bornstein