Jiggling the autoHilite handle

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri Jun 18 01:29:43 EDT 2004

>>  I have some rectangle buttons in my project which don't behave too
>> nicely in OSX. They seem to like to retain the "down state". The  hilite
>> value is set sometimes programmatically, other times via  mouse
>> interaction. In either case, they can hold not the hilite  state, but
>> whatever the autohilite state is called (the darkest  button state,
>> mouseDown, whatever).

> This can happen  if you have auto-hilite set to true for a button while a
> script tries  to manipulate the hilite as well. It's usually best to
> choose one way  or the other; either let the autohiliting be in charge,
> or write  scripts to manage things instead. In this case, I think I'd put
> in  mousedown and mouseup scripts that set the hilite and turn off the
>  auto-hilite property entirely.

You may wish to also include mouseLeave and  mouseRelease handlers.

/H

Hugh  Senior
The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming &  Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: _mailto:h at flexibleLearning.com_ (mailto:admin at flexibleLearning.com)
Web: _www.flexibleLearning.com_ (http://www.flexiblelearning.com/)