REALLY close stack

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Jun 15 21:47:09 EDT 2004

On Jun 15, 2004, at 7:36 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> I've successfully used the 'delete stack' command in the past. Maybe
> you should try it.

Sure enough...

     if "Current PLayer" is among the lines of the openStacks then
       delete stack "Current Player"
     end if

MUCH more reliable. Lesson learned. Like John mentioned, the suggested
method of Close Stack, while having a destroy property of TRUE, is
extremely unreliable... in fact, it generally doesn't work correctly,
causes script errors in properly formatted scripts, and creates
situations where only a restart of the IDE clears things up.
Personally, I think it should be deprecated. There are other ways to
close or hide the stack window while keeping the stack in memory if
that is the desire result.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.