Rev 2.2 and Mac OS 10.1

James.Cass at sealedair.com James.Cass at sealedair.com
Mon Jun 14 14:55:40 EDT 2004

> I knew that 10.0.0.4 was beta, but I thought that 10.1 was the release
> that was official - - - is this not the case?

I meant that somewhat tongue-in-cheek when I said 10.1 was beta.  10.1 was
an "official release" by Apple, but most users agree it was far from a
finished product.  I can't point you to a specific website, but just from
my experience in using Mac OS X since the public beta (now running Panther
10.3.4), I would not let 10.1.5 be the foundation of my ISP business if I
had one.  Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) will already make it's debut at the World
Wide Developer's Conference June 28-July 2.  An ISP should be looking at
OSX server anyway.

That's my 4 kopeks.
- James

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           RGould8 at aol.com             |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           use-revolution-bounces at lists|
|         |           .runrev.com                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           06/14/04 02:25 PM           |
|         |           Please respond to How to use|
|         |           Revolution                  |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:       use-revolution at lists.runrev.com                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: Rev 2.2 and Mac OS 10.1                                                        |

Well, I believe you - - - now I just need to somehow convince my client
that no one in their right mind would still be on 10.1.   This is an ISP,
so
they want to reach as many people as possible.   Is there an URL
anywhere with stats that says, "Hey, no one is even using 10.1"?